Impact Housing Joins The Cancer Awareness And Prevention Campaign in commemoration of Cancer Prevention Month, Impact Housing with its Projects La Reserva y Sueños of Santiago, joins the campaign “Joining forces against cancer” with the aim of raising awareness about the early cancer detection.
The Collaborators of the sales team got together to decorate the installations with the representative colors of the campaign, and to make a video to motivate people to do the exams in a timely and regular manner.
At Impact Housing we enthusiastically join this initiative, not only during this month, but throughout the year, calling for the importance of promoting early detection and proper treatment in order to prevent, increase survival and reduce the negative effects of these types of cancer:
In order to prevent cancer it is recommended:
- Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet that includes broccoli, Swiss chard, spinach, mushrooms, grape and papaya.
- Reduce the consumption of sugars and fats.
- Practice exercise at least 30 minutes daily.
- Maintain an adequate weight.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Perform a monthly breast self-examination starting at age 20, preferably on the fifth day of menstruation.
- Request a mammogram from the age of 34, in case of a family history of the illness. If you don’t have them, it should be done every two years starting at age 40, and every year when you reach 50.